< Return to Programs
Little Blessings’ preschoolers begin a world of learning in literacy, math, science, and art. Our theme-based curriculum offers themes on things such as bugs, farms, and dress up jobs that engage children in exploring the world around them. It inspires them to use their five senses to learn colors, shapes, numbers, and letters.
Preschoolers are also given the opportunity to explore their community with occasional field trips. We focus on paying special attention to developing your child’s relationship-building skills along with focusing on their higher-level thinking skills.
During the preschool year, the teachers work on various activities within the screening by including them in the weekly lesson plans. In the spring before the Watertown School District holds Kindergarten screening, Little Blessings Daycare conducts our own screening. Each child is assessed individually. These results are conveyed to the parent/guardians during our spring parent–teacher conference. Upon completion of the Preschool Pelicans class, the children will host a graduation ceremony.
- Kingdom Kids with the children’s pastor to learn about stories in the Bible
- Thematic units that encourage curiosity, self-direction, and confidence
- Early literacy and memorization
- Development of fine motor skills to express their creativity including cutting, tracing, lacing, buttons, and zippers
- Language development through sustained peer dialogue and conversation
- Comprehension of math concepts and counting
- Problem solving and conflict management
- Group and team cooperation
- Development of imagination, role playing, and creation
- Vacation Bible School
- Bike, park, and water days
- Daily activities such as crafts, games, and exploration
- Golden Feather Cup track and field days
- Local field trips which may include: Bramble Park Zoo, Watertown Regional Library, and local city parks